127th Street , Blue Island, IL 60406 Blue Island, IL 60406
A globally recognized custom manufacturer is currently in need of a CNC Machinist . The CNC Machinist will be responsible for working off of blueprints to set-up CNC lathe equipment to produce custom products. Verifies conformance of finished work piece to the specifications using precision measuring equipment.
Additionally, there may be some welding and other production related activities. Two of these positions are immediately available.
This is a full time position, 2nd shift 4:00 pm - 11:30 p.m. , Monday to Friday and there will be overtime available. Pay rate is $15.00 per hour to start for candidates with only school training, and up to or beyond $25 per hour for skilled machinists. Great benefits available quickly, as this is a direct hire placement.
- Set up and operate the machine
- Feed with material
- Use MASTERCAM to make adjustments to the program.
- Keep all documentation required
- Keep work are safe and clean
- Must have some exposure to MASTERCAM
- Must have the ability to do some CNC programming
- Familiar with inspection devices
- Ability to read blueprints or production drawings, read caliper, pi tape, and tape measure
- Able to work in a hot environment
- Able to stand for periods of time
- Able to lift or move 50 lbs
- Mechanical aptitude
- Excellent math skills and strong computer skills
Interview will be set up immediately after your resume is received .
This is a direct hire placement with Phoenix Staffing handling all of the pre-interviews and initial communications.